As the impact of lockdown and social distancing ripples through society and the economy, few organisations will be able to continue operating as they did in the past. Whether you need to scale down certain operations to match demand, gear up your digital delivery capability or make working patterns more flexible, the challenges and risks are substantial.
Unless change is well planned and carefully executed, there can be a serious impact on productivity, focus and staff morale. In the worst cases, systems and processes are unable to support the new ways of working, customer service suffers and a once healthy business can become unviable.
At Work Horizons we plan and deliver organisational renewal programmes, based on robust methodologies and delivered by highly experienced change professionals.
A structured approach to organisational renewal
Over many years, working with large and medium sized organisations in numerous sectors, we have developed a robust approach to successful organisational renewal:
- Clarifying organisational purpose, vision and goals. This is all about defining the path to the ‘new you’, particularly the people and culture strategy. In times of change, everyone needs clarity and inspiration to align themselves to.
- All organisations measure some things well, typically financials and operations. To manage change successfully you also need to gather deeper insights and dependable reporting into people and culture.
- Leadership is key to successful change and is a major focus of our work, including often-overlooked middle management. We apply scientific rigour to assessing and improving team performance.
- Engagement and motivation are particularly challenging as people face uncertainty and change. As much art as science, our experience will help you maximise the discretionary contribution of your people.
- To deliver and sustain successful change it is essential that you retain your best talent and can attract people with the new skills you need. We will also help you develop internal training so you don’t lose essential skills as people move on or retire.
- To sustain performance and avoid sickness absence we believe that staff wellness is a prerequisite for any organisation, and in particular as you go through the rigours and challenges of change. We will help you think strategically about employee wellness and offer practical solutions to delivering and measuring it.
Experienced change specialists
To shape and support your organisational change and renewal, you need to know there is a capable and experienced team behind you. At Work Horizons we bring senior HR and change specialists who have a strong track record of success. Our people combine practical knowledge and formal learning and qualifications, in a wide range of respected, effective methodologies.
Drawing on a large group of trusted colleagues and associates, the team for each client engagement is selected to bring together the right skills and expertise for your particular situation and challenges.