Together with Birmingham Chamber of Commerce we are running a webinar, Preparing for Tricky Conversations. Register now to attend this event for free on Tuesday 30th June.
During the current Covid-19 crisis, managers are preparing to hold a variety of conversations with people, from restructuring roles through to future work arrangements. This webinar will introduce you to key principles around preparing for and opening up potentially “Tricky Conversations” in the workplace, whether now, or when a new normal has emerged, including
- Performance concerns eg challenging employees
- Discussions re working arrangements
- Tensions between staff members
- Delivering unwelcome news, perhaps around career progression
The event will help you to build both your confidence and competence, so you can
- Prepare thoroughly, including preparing and practising opening statements and questions
To help your leaning you’re encouraged to have in mind:
- a real issue you’d like to resolve or
- a conversation you’ve held and wonder how you could have managed it better.
There will also be a Q&A session at the end
Diane began her career in employee relations within the car industry, where she first developed her skills around handling tricky conversations. She now works independently as a qualified and accredited executive coach and mentor.
As well as her own coaching business she is a partner of Work Horizons who drive organisational renewal, shape people strategy and deliver team and leadership coaching. She is also a Chamber Council member and was instrumental in proposing and establishing the Chamber’s Growth Through People campaign.