REBOOT – a six-step process for successfully reintegrating staff and achieving effective operations post-lockdown
For many organisations, the period of lockdown and subsequent social distancing is causing major upheaval. As your managers and staff work to achieve a new normal and profitable operations, there will be significant challenges, quite possibly outside their experience and expertise.
REBOOT is a six-step process, which will help your people to organise and manage initiatives to restart under the new normal. It’s a positive approach to re-establishing the organisation on a firm operational footing, where people are involved and supported through the uncertainty.
The Work Horizons REBOOT programme is a six-step model that will enable key areas to be examined and explored in order to deal with any underlying issues caused by recent events.
It can be applied to a single team or department, or it can be used by an entire organisation.
REBOOT comprises several workshops with clear actions as their outcomes. The programme can be delivered by experienced change management and people management experts from Work Horizons, or we can provide training and materials so your own people can deliver it.
The six-step process covers:
- Revisit, reflect and remember. Looking at the impact of the last few months – challenges and possibilities; change and what this means for the organisation and employees; what we have learned during this time.
- Examination of emotions and how we feel. As emotions play such a key role in our thoughts and ability to perform, it is important to discuss and acknowledge these feelings to enable us as individuals and teams to move on to the future.
- Building new behaviours and values. What new behaviours have we had to develop to survive and how will we build a new set of behaviours that are beneficial to the organisation and are rooted in real people-related values.
- Objectifying the future. Focus on understanding our key business priorities and developing objectives which need to be achieved in order for us to move forward
- Obstacles and how to overcome them. Your people have a vast experience in overcoming difficult situations. We will channel this into meeting the next few months with commitment and passion.
- Teamwork and new norms. Looking closely at how we can develop or build on a strong teamwork ethic, internally and with partners and suppliers to establish new ways of working together.
As a result of the REBOOT programme, your teams and wider organisation can expect to achieve greater cohesion and individual performance, focusing on the challenges that will take the organisation to where it needs to over the critical weeks and months ahead.