As individuals in your organisation continue to respond to the COVID-19 crisis and customers’ changing needs, they are learning an enormous amount about adapting themselves, their teams and the organisation. This kind of learning is extremely valuable, if you invest in capturing and sharing it. Here are some questions to reflect on and a template to record your thoughts:
- Give yourself the gift of a few minutes over a cup of coffee, using these questions as prompts to help your thinking.
- Consider doing this on your own, with a colleague or your team.
- Be creative about how you do it: pen and paper, Post-it notes on the wall or using this template in a virtual meeting.
- Repeat the exercise as change continues: once a day, once a week or once a month.
With your external environment changing fast, this will help build on your learning quickly and effectively. Consider how the output from this timely thinking can feed into your future planning.
Questions to support learning capture
- What has worked well recently? What did you do that made it particularly successful?
- What have others done that helped?
- What systems or processes helped?
- What got in the way?
- If there was something that could make it even better next time what would it be?
- What are you going to do differently over the coming weeks
- What else could you put in place to help continue this forward movement?
Download this template which includes the questions as above and a handy sheet for gathering answers. It can be printed for your own use but is also optimised for using collaboratively on a Teams/Meet/Zoom call.